The National Quality Framework
The National Quality Framework introduces a new quality standard to improve education and care across long day care, family day care, preschool/kindergarten, and outside school hours care.
The National Quality Standard is a key aspect of the National Quality Framework and sets a national benchmark for early childhood education and care, and outside school hours care services in Australia. Safety is paramount all day and every day, every service must comply with rigorous health and safety requirements.
To ensure children enjoy the best possible conditions in their early educational and developmental years, the National Quality Standard promotes continuous improvement in quality.
The major benefits for parents and children include:
- Improved educator to child ratios
- Greater individual care and attention for children
- Educators with increased skills and qualifications
- Better support for children’s learning and development
- A national register to help parents assess the quality of education and care services in their area
The National Quality Standard is linked to national learning frameworks that recognise children learn from birth. It outlines practices that support and promote children’s learning.
Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework for Australia (‘Early Years Learning Framework’)
My Time, Our Place: Framework for School Age Care in Australia (‘Framework for School Age Care’).